Projects vs. Programmes: What Your eDiscovery Requests Could be Costing You
e-Discovery requests are no joke. You have to ensure you have exactly the right information at exactly the right time—or pay the fines. If you’ve never faced one of these requests before, you may be under the impression that you never will. But recent stats on the subject suggest otherwise:
- 11% of 242 compliance officers and GCs surveyed last year said bet the company litigation inched up from 8% the previous year. In addition, 22% said their companies’ litigations involved regulatory matters, compared with 6% in 2014. Source: Bloomberg
And, if that’s not enough, there’s the growing volume of data your company holds. According to Forbes, business emails look set to grow an average of 13% to reach over 143 billion by the end of 2016. That’s a lot of data to have your IT professionals look through—especially if they’re not sure where all of that data sits in the catalogue.
You need a solution that addresses your needs as litigation requests and data restore requests continue to grow. Our Restoration Assurance Programme includes two parts: offsite tape vaulting and managed restoration services. This programme allows your IT team to:
- know what’s on your tapes so you can deliver data when it’s requested
- reduce the cost of licenses and maintenance and reclaim data centre space by decommissioning legacy tape backup systems
- focus on daily tasks and spending less time managing information on backup tapes
- protect and preserve your information for the long-term in a secure, environmentally controlled facility
- consolidate silos of tape catalogue data to answer eDiscovery requests faster
- recover information from backup tapes to meet internal or external requirements.
In short, we handle your data for you, leaving you and your IT team with fewer headaches and more time to complete your daily tasks.
You may be worried that investing in a managed restoration programme will cost a lot of money. Here are some points to consider: