Easily Satisfy Your IP Litigation Discovery Requirements
During the discovery phase of litigation, there is an inherent conflict of interest between parties. Defendants must satisfy the discovery requirements of the court, while simultaneously protecting their intellectual property. For plaintiffs, it’s essential that their attorneys and experts gain access to the information necessary to prepare for trial. Our expertise empowers organisations to comply efficiently with discovery compliance provisions related to intellectual property litigation, while simultaneously reducing associated costs, response times and risk of potential exposure.
With Iron Mountain acting as a neutral third party in the discovery process, the IP Litigation Discovery Escrow Service provides a secure and controlled environment that benefits all parties:
- Plaintiffs are allowed the opportunity to access and examine all pertinent intellectual property
- Defendants eliminate the potential exposure and risk associated with delivering proprietary information directly to plaintiffs
- All parties enjoy access to mutually agreeable, convenient locations via Iron Mountain’s extensive national network of secure data protection vaults
- Comfortable working environments—with onsite customer service— where proprietary deposited materials can be reviewed
- Flexible security protocols to meet the specific needs of each individual case
Protect Your Intellectual Property Development
Your business relies on the intellectual property (IP) you develop to remain competitive in the marketplace. Your intellectual property is at the core of your company. But, as crucial as IP is to companies like yours, it is often poorly managed as an asset.
Ensure the integrity of your IP, and your company’s wellbeing, with IP Development Protection. Prevent others from using your inventions, designs or other creations. Make sure you’re the only person who can monetize or profit from these assets. Theft and illegal use of IP is widespread and results in lost opportunity, unrecovered costs and expensive legal battles.
What If You Could…
- Document IP development with a timestamp/audit trail that is securely held with a neutral, third-party?
- Strengthen your company’s position in the event of an IP dispute with a business partner or during a merger or acquisition?
- Safeguard you intellectual property if an employee leaves to work for a competitor?
With Iron Mountain acting as a neutral, trusted third party that protects and manages your IP, a secure technology escrow deposit can be used to document the development of your company’s IP. With our Intellectual Property Development Protection Agreement (IPDPA) we date and time-stamp each deposit so a genealogy of the product is kept on record. Our IPDPA service can provide necessary key evidence of when, how and by whom a technology was developed at a point in time. This independent preservation of your IP by Iron Mountain can significantly strengthen a company’s position in any legal dispute concerning intellectual property rights.